You've probably heard a few of the benefits for taking CBD, but are you still holding back from giving it a try?
Have you maybe already lumped it in as a "legal high?"
That couldn't be further from the truth.
Don't be scared off CBD by the relation to it's bigger, "badder" brother... THC, or Cannabis.
1. CBD has no psychoactive effects
Unlike THC, which causes that euphoric “high” by affecting the brain's unique CB1 and CB2 neural receptors, CBD has no psychoactive effects. So don’t worry about drug tests at work or feeling out of control, CBD has only the best qualities of the famous Marijuana plant.
2. CBD is Completely Safe & Legal
CBD may be produced from medical or technical cannabis cultures such as Hemp. In the UK it is not only endorsed by the government for certain health issues, it is completely legal and therefore much easier to use CBD products without breaking any laws.
Recent wide scale research (1) has shown CBD to be not only safe to use, but to have "fewer side-effects compared with prescription medication".
3. CBD comes from the right sources
CBD and THC levels differ in all cannabis plants. Plants grown for recreational use have a high level of THC and a lower amount of CBD. In industrial hemp or medical cannabis cultivation, there is a high level of CBD and a no or a low amount of psychoactive THC. In the UK, the only way to ensure that you are getting more of the "good" compound, CBD, is to try a CBD product.
4. CBD has Proven Medicinal Properties
Scientific research shows that CBD can bring significant benefits to the human body. According to a 2013 research study published in the British Journal, CBD reduces nausea and vomiting, acts as an antioxidant in case of a decrease in free radicals in neurodegenerative disorders. It is also proven to reduce swelling and relieve pain. CBD also has a myriad of mental health benefits, including reducing anxiety and stress.
So in effect, you can still get those anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects to calm the mind and body, without the other, less desirable effects of traditional CBD/THC consumption.
Research (2) has shown CBD to have "Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects".
5. CBD is Over-the-counter
Here in the UK, everyone can legally buy CBD online or in specialised shops for any purpose and in any quantity, without a prescription.
Visit our Dedicated CBD Store Below for more information.
1) Iffland, K., & Grotenhermen, F. (2017). An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies. Cannabis And Cannabinoid Research, 2(1), 139-154. doi: 10.1089/can.2016.0034
2) Schier, A. and Ribeiro, N. (2014). Antidepressant-Like and Anxiolytic-Like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis sativa. CNS & Neurological Disorders - Drug Targets, 13(6), pp.953-960.