Top 3 Supplements for Joint & Bone Support
Whether you're an athlete aiming to protect your joints from the punishment of your training regime, or you suffer from joint pain already, then read on to discover the best supplements available to ease the joint & bone stress.
It's important to keep your joints flexible and lubricated... say hello to Omega 3.
Omega 3 Fish Oil
Omega 3 is the top of the list when it comes to joint pain and anti-inflammatory properties.
As early as the 19th Century, mothers often spoon fed children Cod-Liver Oil. Their reasons were based on word-of-mouth folk medicine, but they were on to something early.
Omega 3 Fish Oil is now scientifically proven to help with the normal functioning and healing of joints all over the body.
In fact, one study shows that Omega-3 fish oil supplements appear to be a safer alternative to NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin and Naproxen for treatment of neck or back pain. (1) Not only is Fish oil a spectacularly effective supplement, but it’s natural healing and pain-killing qualities provide no harmful side effects.
This is unlike widely used pharmaceutal NSAID’s you can find in supermarkets which are known to have potential side effects for those who are: over the age of 65, pregnant or breastfeeding, have asthma or are taking other medication simultaneously, according to the NHS.
"There's a difference between common Cod Liver Oil and Fish Oil."
Cod-Liver oil has now been largely replaced by Fish Oil - it's much higher in Omega 3, the most important ingredient in the many beneficial qualities of this supplement. Extra caution should be taken with cod liver oil as it contains high levels of vitamin A. High intake of vitamin A in the diet can be toxic. For this reason, take omega-3 supplements from fish oil rather than fish liver oil. This is why fish oil is recommended for treating Arthritis & Joint care in general across the population, as a high dosage (2.7 grams a day) is recommended by Studies (2) to unlock the full potential for relieving symptoms of even serious Rheumatoid Arthritis.
These doses can be taken efficiently and economically as liquid fish oil; but we recommend capsules for ease of use and to avoid those strong anfishy tastes! Why not try our Peak Supps 1000mg Fish Oil capsules, with easy, free delivery! That's just one capsule at breakfast, lunch and dinner!
"Glucosamine plays a vital part in building & rebuilding cartilage"
Glucosamine is the second most popular supplement sold in the UK after Omega 3 Fish Oil, and many swear by it’s joint pain easing qualities.
Glucosamine, especially Glucosamine Sulphate, is found naturally in the body's joint cartilage, helping to keep joints healthy and well lubricated. Glucosamine plays a vital part in building cartilage, which functions as padding for bones where they meet joints. The shells of crustaceans provide the basis for these supplements; these shells are formed of the same chemical compound. Glucosamine is believed to help slow deterioration of cartilage, relieve arthritis joint pain, and improve joint mobility. Those already suffering from Arthritis may need additional medical advice and attention, but studies show it is likely effective for relieving the symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Knees in particular. (3)
We offer high quality Peak Supps Glucosamine in Economical Powder, Tablet and Capsule form.
"Studies show Glucosamine is likely effective for relieving the symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Knees"
Sometimes a combination effort is necessary to combat joint pain...
That's why we've introduced Peak Supps Bone Complex, with Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin K1 & D.
A selectively chosen combination of supplements all in one to aid strengthening of joints and bones, whilst relieving the fatigue that can come with joint issues. This is essential for athletes who constantly push the limits of their bodies, including bodybuilders, power-lifters and endurance athletes.
The following benefits have been approved and supported by EU research bodies:
1) Calcium and magnesium contribute to normal muscle function and the maintenance of normal bones & teeth.
2) Calcium and magnesium contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
3) Magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis and electrolyte balance.
4) Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
5) Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
6) Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function.
7) Vitamin K contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
That's a lot of health benefits in one supplement!
Try a months supply for only £2.99 with Free UK delivery.
Author - Ottis Bailey BSc
1) Maroon, J., & Bost, J. (2006). ω-3 Fatty acids (fish oil) as an anti-inflammatory: an alternative to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for discogenic pain. Surgical Neurology, 65(4), 326-331. doi: 10.1016/j.surneu.2005.10.023
2) Cleland, L., James, M., & Proudman, S. (2006). Arthritis Research & Therapy, 8(1), 202. doi: 10.1186/ar1876
3) Runhaar, J., & van Middelkoop, M. (2016). The role of diet and exercise and of glucosamine sulfate in the prevention of knee osteoarthritis: Further results from the PRevention of knee Osteoarthritis in Overweight Females (PROOF) study. Seminars In Arthritis And Rheumatism, 45(4), S42-S48. doi: 10.1016/j.semarthrit.2015.11.001