What is 5-HTP?
5-HTP (5-Hydroxy L-tryptophan) is a compound that the body naturally makes from L-Tryptophan. It is a precursor to the neurotransmitter Serotonin. Peak Supps 5 HTP tablets contain 100mg per tablet. The 5 HTP is obtained from the seeds of the African plant Griffonia Simplicifolia.
Who is 5-HTP for?
5 HTP is suitable for anyone taking part in intense bouts of high intensity exercise or looking to increasing their 5 HTP levels.
Benefits of 5-HTP
- High strength capsules, each capsule provides 100mg 5 HTP and 10mg of Vitamin B6.
- Double the strength of most 5-HTP supplements on the market
- 5 HTP is a precursor to the neurotransmitter Serotonin.
- Precursor to Melatonin.
- Typically used before bed.
- Excellent value for money
Benefits of Vitamin B6
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system and nervous system.
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
Long term use isn’t suggested (more than 6 months) due to its ability to change the balance of certain chemicals within the nervous system (Epinephrine, Norepinephrine and Dopamine.)
Featured in our blog post:
As a food supplement we recommend consuming 1 capsule daily. Best taken on an empty stomach before bed.
*Product is not suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Each 1 Capsule serving provides:
5 HTP - 100mg
Vitamin B6 - 10mg (714% NRV)
Bulking agent (Rice Flour), 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5HTP) from 102mg 99% Griffonia Seed Extract, Pyridoxine Hcl (Vitamin B6), Capsule Shell (Gelatin).