What are Digestive Enzymes?
Digestive enzymes are enzymes responsible for breaking down foods. They are produced by our bodies to help us digest the foods we eat. The enzymes are secreted by various parts of our digestive system and they help break down the major food groups such as: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, lactose and cellulose. Our bodies produce different digestive enzymes depending on the food group.
Different types of Digestive Enzymes
Protease – Digestive enzyme that breaks down protein.
Amylase – Digestive enzyme that breaks down carbohydrate and starch.
Lipase – Digestive enzyme that breaks down fat.
Lactase – Digestive enzyme that breaks down lactose-dairy. It improves lactose digestion in individuals who have difficulty digesting lactose (EU register on health & nutrition claim)
Cellulase – Digestive enzyme that breaks down cellulose.
Benefits of Digestive Enzymes Supplements:
- Helps to withstand the stress caused by sudden changes in food consumption patterns, exposure to environmental pollutants, extensive travel and unexpected changes in weather.
- Our digestive enzymes use the versatile multi-enzyme complex DigeZyme®.
Includes the digestive enzymes Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Lactase and Cellulase. Each of these enzymes plays roles in breaking down either Proteins, Fats or Carbohydrates.
- Can help in cases of enzyme insufficiency, caused by damage to the sites of enzyme production.
- A stable source of digestive enzymes.
- All enzymes in this complex are safe in terms of their origin, quality and efficacy.
- Vegan & Vegetarian friendly and GMO Free digestive enzymes.
Source of Digestive enzymes:
Neutral Protease – Bacterial – Bacillus subtilis
Amylase – Fungal – Aspergillus Oryzae
Lipase – Fungal - Rhizopus Oryzae
Lactase – Fungal – Aspergillus Oryzae
Cellulase – Fungal - Trichoderma longibrachiatum (formerly known as Trichoderma reesei)
As a food supplement, we recommend taking 1 tablet, 1-3 times a day with food.
*Please do not exceed our recommended intake.
1 Tablet provides:
DigeZyme ® – 50mg
Amylase – 1200U
Protease – 300U
Lactase – 200U
Lipase - 50U
Cellulase - 10U
*Product is suitable for Vegetarians and vegans.
*Product is Non-GMO
Micro Crystalline Cellulose, Di Calcium Phosphate (bulking agents),Digezyme®, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon dioxide.