What is Folic Acid?
Folic Acid is also known as Vitamin B9. It’s perhaps best known as being an important vitamin to take during pregnancy as it’s able to increase maternal folate status.
Peak Supps Folic Acid tablets provide 400mcg of Folic Acid. Providing you with 200% of your daily NRV.
For nutritional support during pregnancy, folic acid is recommended before conception & during pregnancy.
Benefits of Folic Acid:
- High strength Folic Acid tablets. One tablet provides 400mcg (200% of your daily NRV).
- For nutritional support during pregnancy, folic acid is recommended before conception & during pregnancy
- Increases maternal folate status
- GMO FREE
- Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly.
The NHS advisory Folate / Folic acid intakes are 200mcg per day for adults.
For pregnant women it is generally advised at 400mcg per day until they are 12 weeks pregnant.
However, for some women with a higher risk of a neural tube defect are advised to take a higher amount of 5mg a day.
We recommend reading the guidelines on the NHS website for more information - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-b/#folic-acid
We also recommend consulting with a doctor.
European Commission – Health & Nutrition Claims
- Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus.
As a food supplement, we recommend taking 1 tablet daily with food.
*Pregnant women should consult with their doctor before using this supplement.
*Do not exceed the recommended intake.
1 Tablet provides:
Folic Acid – 400mcg (200% NRV)
*Product is suitable for Vegetarians and vegans.
*Product is Non-GMO
Bulking Agents (Micro Crystalline Cellulose, Di Calcium Phosphate, Folic Acid, Anti Caking Agents (Magnesium Stearate, Silica).