What is Vegan Omega 3 6 9 Ahiflower®?
Ahiflower® oil is extracted from the Buglossoides arvensis seed. This is a naturally wild plant that is now a cultivated agricultural crop. Ahiflower® is a plant-based, 100% sustainably sourced omega 3, 6 and 9, grown in the UK. All Ahiflower products can be traced back to the field where the plant was grown.
What makes Ahiflower® Omega 3 6 9 different?
Compared to other plant sources of omega fatty acids
Ahiflower® is rich in the omega 3 fatty acid Stearidonic acid (SDA). Most other plant sources of omegas are required to convert ALA to SDA, which requires the enzyme detla-6-desaturase and is a rate limiting process. SDA bypasses this step and is more efficiently converted into EPA in the body. Ahiflower® also provides Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), which is absent in flaxseed oil.
Compared to marine sources of omega fatty acids
Ahiflower® does not contain EPA or DHA, which are the main omega 3’s found in fish, krill and algal oils. It contains ALA and SDA at high levels in addition to the omega 6, GLA. For those who taking fish oil for Omega 3 and Evening primrose oil for Omega 6 GLA, you can find both present in each capsule.
Ahiflower® provides all your essential daily omegas from one plant. It is unrivaled omega source. Ahiflower oil contains more and healthier omegas than any other natural plant or seed oil, delivering the benefits associated with fish oil, evening primrose oil, olive and flaxseed oil.
It also has no negative impact on our oceans, which is ideal given the current concern regarding over-fishing, depletion of fish stocks and the impact on marine ecosystems. The plant/crops also provide a habitat for bees, butterflies and other insects, promoting desirable biodiversity.
Benefits of Vegan Omega 3 6 9 Ahiflower®?
- UK grown with full traceability. Each capsule of Ahiflower can be traced to the exact field it was grown in.
- More Sustainable than fish. Ahiflower® is obtained from the seeds of the buglossoides arvensis plant. Each acre of field/plant produces as much omega rich oil as 320,000 anchovies. Since Ahiflower® is obtained from a plant, it causes no damage to the oceans, fish stocks or marine ecosystem.
- High in Omega 3.
- No fishy taste, smell or after effects.
- ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels (Required daily intake of 2g).
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
What is in Vegan Omega 3 6 9 Ahiflower®?
Ahiflower provides the following per Softgel.
Alpha linolenic acid (ALA) – 315mg
Stearidonic Acid (SDA) – 128mg
Gamma linolenic acid (GLA) – 34mg
Linoleic acid (LA) – 68mg
Oleic Acid (OA) – 45mg