What is Vitamin B6?
Vitamin B6, often referred to as Pyridoxine is a water-soluble vitamin.
Natural Sources of Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 can be sourced naturally through foods such as Salmon, Tuna, Chickpeas, eggs, milk, nuts, wholegrains, chicken and green leafy vegetables. Although foods contain vitamin B6, it’s found in small doses and can be difficult for some people to reach their daily requirements. Vitamin B6 supplements are an easy and convenient source of the B-Vitamin.
What does Vitamin B6 do?
Vitamin B6 is an extremely important vitamin, required for over 100 biological functions within the body. A lot of the bodies chemical reactions are dependent on vitamin B6’s ability to work as a coenzyme, with other enzymes to support important cellular functions.
Who should supplement with vitamin B6?
Vitamin b6 deficiencies are most common amongst individuals with a poor diet, the elderly or individuals on medication that may contribute to low levels of b6. Individuals with autoimmune disorders, kidney problems or any kind of stomach or bowel disease can experience lower levels of B6.
Vitamin B6 Benefits:
- Contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and immune system.
- Vitamin B6 supports energy levels by contributing to normal energy yielding metabolism and reducing tiredness and fatigue.
- Contributes to normal psychological functions and the regulation of hormonal activity
- Vitamin B6 helps convert the amino acids tryptophan into serotonin.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly.
European Commission – Health & Nutrition Claims
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal cysteine synthesis
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
As a food supplement, we recommend taking 1 tablet daily with food.
*Please do not exceed our recommended intake.
*Taking more than 200mg of Vitamin B6 a day can cause mild tingling and numbness.
1 Tablet provides:
Vitamin B6 – 100mg (7142%)
*Product is suitable for Vegetarians and vegans.
*Product is Non-GMO
Micro Crystalline Cellulose, Di Calcium Phosphate (bulking agents),Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hcl), Magnesium Stearate, Silica.