What is Tricarb Powder?
Peak Supps Tricarb Powder is a mix of Maltodextrin, Dextrose & Fructose. Providing a mixture of high Glycemic Index (GI) and low GI carbohydrates. Maltodextrin and Dextrose having high Glycemic Index (GI) ratings of 110 and 100, respectively. These can be beneficial before, during or after a workout to replenish glycogen stores and aid recovery. Fructose is absorbed at a slower rate due to its GI rating of 19. The combination of these three carbohydrates provides an instant and prolonged source of energy.
A 50g serving provides 45.6g of carbohydrates which is an optimal amount for endurance athletes (long distance running / cycling). Peak Supps Tricarb is available in our delicious Fruit Punch flavour, which is very easy on the gastrointestinal tract.
These three key ingredients are carbohydrates. Carbohydrates contribute to the recovery of normal muscle function (contraction) after highly intensive and/or long-lasting physical exercise, leading to muscle fatigue and the depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscle. Carbohydrates also contribute to the maintenance of normal brain function.
Maltodextrin is considered to be a complex carbohydrate. It is often considered the carbohydrate of choice and is combined with other supplements such as Whey Protein, Creatine and amino acids. It is a popular pre, intra and post workout drink among bodybuilders, with benefits also for cyclists and triathletes.
Dextrose is a simple sugar (monosaccharide) that is derived from corn starch. It is particularly popular with Bodybuilders, cyclists and tri athletes. Dextrose is a versatile supplement and can be used to create your own pre/post workout blend.
Fructose is a naturally occurring sugar in an assortment of foods such as honey, fruit and vegetables. It is a popular ingredient in isotonic energy drinks, due to its ability to help replenish liver glycogen.
Glycogen levels are lowered from intense exercise, therefore if sports performance is your goal, it’s important to fuel your body’s energy stores.
Benefits of Tricarb:
- Maltodextrin & Dextrose are high GI complex carbohydrates.
- Triple carbohydrate sources all in a 1:1:1 ratio.
- Fructose is found in honey, fruit and vegetables.
- Ideal for runners, bodybuilders and tri athletes.
- Carbohydrates contribute to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Product is suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians.
Who is Tricarb suitable for?
Peak Supps Tricarb are suitable for those looking for a high-quality Tricarb supplement. They are suitable for the general public and athletes.
If you’re currently taking medication, we would recommend checking with a doctor or medical professional before taking this supplement.
European Health & Nutrition approved Claims
- Carbohydrates contribute to the maintenance of normal brain function
- Carbohydrates contribute to the recovery of normal muscle function (contraction) after highly intensive and/or long-lasting physical exercise leading to muscle fatigue and the depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscle