Home Workout Accessories
The next gen of sporting services.
Adding protein powder to soup - Pea Protein Soup Recipe
Mixing protein powder into soup sounds unusual but it's a great way to get more protein into your diet. The added powder will not only give you that extra protein but can also give the soup some thickness if desired.
Always keep the protein unflavoured - Don't go adding chocolate protein to tomato soup!
When adding protein to premade soup make sure you add the protein slowly while simultaneously whisking it in. Otherwise, you'll end up with some protein lumps!
If you've got some spare time try making your own protein soup.
Here's a quick pea soup recipe using Peak Supps Unflavoured Pea Protein:
This recipe is easy to follow and perfect for a summer or winter evening.
- 1 onion
- 2 knobs of butter
- 40 g of Peak Supps Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 400 g of frozen peas
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
- Dash of cream
- A hand full of pumpkin seeds for topping
- Seasoning (salt, pepper and chilli flakes)
How to make?
- Dice onions, melt the butter in a pan and add the diced onions.
- Add seasoning and cook until the onions have softened.
- Add 500ml of vegetable stock to a 600 ml protein shaker.
- Add 40g of Peak Supps Unflavoured Pea Protein to the vegetable stock and shake until the protein is well mixed.
- Add the frozen peas with the 500ml mixed vegetable stock to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend until smooth with a hand liquidiser or blender.
- Add a dash of cream and stir it in.
- Season to taste.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
Let us know your thoughts and tag us in your pictures on social media @peaksupps
- Adding protein to food, collagen protein, health and wellbeing, healthy food, healthy lifestyle, healthy living, healthy recipes, Hemp, hemp protein, high protein foods, low sugar protein shake, marine collagen protein, pea protein, Protein, protein powder, Protein Recipes, protein soup, protein soup recipe, soup recipe, vegan protein