Home Workout Accessories
The next gen of sporting services.
Our Top 3 Essential Vitamins!
Vitamin D, also called “The Sunshine Vitamin” is unfortunately hard to come by naturally during the winter months, and well... If you live in the UK ever!. Vitamin D deficiency (1) is not so uncommon, with over half of the UK affected, especially in the typical British Winter with long drawn out evenings and dark mornings.
Your body makes vitamin D naturally when your skin is exposed to sunlight.
However, the lack of sunlight makes it hard for your body to produce enough vitamin D... this is why Vitamin D supplements are recommended by Public Health England during the winter months.
But why is this fat-soluble vitamin so important for us? It strengthens our immune system that protects us from infections, including the common cold and the flu.
Not only that, but a deficiency in Vitamin D has also been linked through scientific research to depression (2), heart problems (3) and even Alzheimer’s (4). Vitamin D is a winter essential for those dark months.Click here for our range of vitamin D supplements
While Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) can’t protect you from colds, it can shorten the length of time you stay ill. If your body is low in vitamin C, you won’t be able to defend yourself from infections as effectively as usual. Therefore, a daily immune support like Vitamin-C is crucial, especially if someone's caught a case of the sniffles!
Referred to as Vitamin B complex, the eight B vitamins — B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12 — play an important role in keeping our bodies running like well-oiled machines. While many of the following vitamins work in tandem, each has its own specific benefits, B1 and B2 play a large role in metabolism and converting nutrients to energy and combatting brain fog (5). Meanwhile, B7 (Biotin) is essential for fat metabolism, another winter essential.
Overall, Vitamin B complex can increase energy, enhance mood, improve memory, and stimulate the immune system.
If you don't have time to be taking 3 supplements every day, check out our all-in-one A-Z Multi-Vitamins!
If you want to cover all the bases, or you're feeling particularly run down, why not try our A-Z multi-vitamin. Not only does it include all the recommended daily allowances for all the above mentioned, but it's most cost-effective way to get every essential Vitamin you need, providing a combination of 24 Vitamins and Minerals.
Remember, our shipping is always fast & free!
Author - Ottis Bailey BSc
1. Pearce, S. and Cheetham, T. (2010). Diagnosis and management of vitamin D deficiency. BMJ, 340(jan11 1), pp.5664-5664.
2. Umhau, J. and George, D. (2013). Correction: Low Vitamin D Status and Suicide: A Case-Control Study of Active Duty Military Service Members. PLoS ONE, 8(9)
3. Walker, A. (1997). Sunlight, cholesterol and coronary heart disease. QJM, 90(2), pp.153-154.
4. Annweiler, C. (2010). 25-HYDROXYVITAMIN D, DEMENTIA, AND CEREBROVASCULAR PATHOLOGY IN ELDERS RECEIVING HOME SERVICES. Neurology, 75(1), pp.95-96.5. Osiezagha K, Ali S, Freeman C, Barker NC, Jabeen S, Maitra S, Olagbemiro Y, Richie W, Bailey RK. Thiamine deficiency and Delerium (Innov Clin Neurosci. 2013 Apr;10(4):26-32
- cold and flu prevention, cold and flu supplements, cold and flu vitamins, essential minerals, essential supplements, essential vitamins, general wellbeing vitamins, health and well being, health and wellbeing, health and wellbeing blog, health and wellbeing bundles, health and wellbeing supplements, high strength vitamin c, high strength Vitamin D, Liposomal Vitamin C, Liposomal Vitamin C capsules, Liposomal Vitamin C Powder, Minerals, Multivitamin, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Supplements, supplements to take during the winter, supplements to take for a cold, top minerals, top vitamins, vegan vitamin d3, vegan vitamins, vitamin, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, vitamin d3, vitamin deficiency, vitamin supplements, vitamins and minerals, vitamins UK